Friday, August 15, 2014

A Great Find

Going through the small town in Bath On; I come across this consignment store with the cutest Scottish couple. I'd say they'd be close to their late 70's.
They were chatty. Just lovely
Looking around I see this cute stool that needs a little lovin'.
Why not, right?? It has some good bones. 

So I took another Saturday morning to come up with my plan. 
I sanded the legs and skirt of the base. I took off the not so pretty fabric. I decided to add more padding. Just for comfort. 

Again I used the Annie Sloan paint. Love working with this product. It's so forgiving. Quite flat when it goes on but once you get the wax finish ontop. Bam. It gives it the destressed look you want. 

Enought about that. Back to the top. Again burlap, although I did get it from the local fabric store. Why not. Looking outside of the box is where I like to look. 
voila 
As you can see I did some of my own distressing on the legs. 
So much fun. It sold in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment