Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pretty Chic

I was given this pretty little table that was just waiting for a makeover 

As you can tell, she was in pretty bad shape but the bones of the table still had lots of life. 
What I did was sanded down the top as well as the legs gently, just to even out the finish. 

The vision of this table was to be pink. I was running low in the pink colour so I decided it could handle two tone. 

I decided that the top and skirting of the table could be pink and I'd add an off white to the legs. 
As you can tell, chalk paint can be quite flat. It isn't your typical paint that you buy at your local box store. It does such an amazing job on furniture though. To work on the antiquing, it's amazing stuff. 

Now to start working on the personality of the table I decided to take a small paint brush and detail it with the dark wax installed of sanding off spots on the chair 


The wax can dry pretty quickly so you have to work at one spot at a time.
After applying the wax, I used a paper towel to remove and rub off some of the wax to give it the antique look


One nice thing about chalk paint, is that it's pretty forgiving. If you slip up a little just use a small brush and apply you paint again. 

Once everything was dry, I applied the clear wax and now she's done. 


How pretty is that for a guest room or a little girls room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment