Friday, April 17, 2015

Simply Strong




Trying to find just the right piece can sometimes be challenging. Looking at something blah and see its future can be difficult. 
I bought this cute pine table. At first I didn't know how I was going to finish it. 

 Do I stay with the standard white or do I add more life to it???
After sitting with it for a few hours I decided against white. My concern is that if people were to use it for a small drink table etc, then it might have greater potential to stain (red wine, my friends, will) 
So I decided to use Graphite for the top (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint) and for the base I used Provence. (Sounds sexy doesn't it) 
A little sandpaper to add some antiquing. 
This table is so cute. The splash of colour adds interest to any room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment